Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Importing goods into India.

Every week   I get letters   either  asking how much  I paid for ATV in China or  how much import duty was charged by Indian customs.

Many of these enquiries happens to be just for creating nuisance and nothing is going to be achieved by those people. Still I politely used to reply every one of them.

The total amount I paid as cost to ATV manufacturer in China and to Indian customs do not give whole picture. About sixty five percent have been spent under above two headings whereas one third money have been spent to facilitate the transfer. In earlier posting have made a list where you have to spend money.

Here is an example. As I mentioned earlier procedure involved for customs clearance of very small consignment and very big are basically same, the charges may appear to be expensive for small consignment. The agency charges for me was INR 6500 which will be same even for a small consignment.

So importing small consignment hoping to get it bit cheaper is very foolish thinking. We have to import the things if and only if the goods are not available locally or monopoly dealers quote exorbitant prices for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I m interested in purchesing on ATv for my personal use
can you detail me what will the price till Dimapur Nagaland.
My email is Schiluyio08@gmail.com
thank u for ur advertisement